Saturday 5 March 2011

Curly Girls

Hello Poppits! Are you having a nice weekend?

Today I popped out shopping in search of some shampoo and conditioner. My hair is naturally curly and also quite dry and fine. I find that the most popular hair products weigh my hair down and almost leave it greasy (I find the Elvive range is the worst for this). I am quite fussy when it comes to haircare, especially since reading a book that changed my life; "Curly Girl" by Lorraine Massey (if you have curly hair I highly recommend!)

I like to buy products which aren't too harsh on my hair, so have to look carefully at the ingredients in both the shampoo and conditioner. Today I thought I'd try L'oreal Professionnel "Nature" Shampoo. Apparently 99% of the ingredients are from natural sources with no added parabens or silicones. At £9 it wasn't cheap but I am pretty impressed so far. My hair feels very fresh and properly cleansed (and not weighed down) and also soft.





I have been using it along side the Body Shop's (new-ish) range of haircare, namely the Rainforest Moisture Conditioner (again no silicones, colourants, parabens), and the hair butter. Again, I like these products as they are not too heavy on my fine hair but do the job of a good conditioner, and leave it soft and curly. What are your favourite hair products? Any recommendations? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment